The Aroostook Partnership is the private/public partnership speaking with one voice and engaging the private sector leadership, talents, and resources in the region to ensure the economic survival and growth of Aroostook County.
The Aroostook Partnership is a non-profit organization supported by the financial commitments of over 20 private businesses. These organizations and their leadership are committed to moving forward on a regional agenda and promoting the region as a destination for business relocation and expansion.
The Aroostook Partnership will:
- Serve as the Single Point of Contact, ensuring complete confidentiality and ease of accessing information and services.
- Research and assemble data on the communities that will meet your needs. Information is packaged in an easy to use report that provides quick and simple access to the most essential data. All data tables are available in electronic format for ease of analysis.
- Conduct a custom ROI Analysis and Incentive Valuation to estimate the value of incentive programs and to detail how your company can save money by locating in northern Maine. The ROI includes the value of State incentive programs, municipal incentives, utility discounts, labor cost differentials, building and infrastructure lease incentives, and other factors that make northern Maine a profitable place to do business.
- Put companies in contact with business leaders that can address specific or technical questions about doing business in northern Maine.
- Assist companies interested in cross-border trade and access to the Canadian Labor Force.
- Coordinate in-state visits to ensure the efficient use of your time. Area visits are a free service provided to prospective companies considering a northern Maine location.
- Increase the awareness of Aroostook County among decision-makers involved with business expansion, relocation, and investment.
- Increase activity and private investment in select Aroostook County Downtowns.
- Serve as the Region’s research clearinghouse and recognized source of economic development information.
- Work with industry and educators to raise awareness to our students of local career opportunities to help increase our local workforce.
- Facilitate open forums for in-depth dialogue on key development issues in the region.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Chambers of Commerce, Aroostook County Delegation, and other key State-level constituents.
- Formulate and implement a fundraising strategy to encourage companies throughout Aroostook County to invest in the Aroostook Partnership economic development initiative.